Tour Departure Dates: 11/15, 3/20, 4/3
Tour Price: US US $3,398 per person based on double occupancy
This tour combines natural scenery, historical sites and contemporary art scenes of Japan traveling through Osaka, Himeji, Tottori, Okayama, Kagawa and Tokushima. Discover Japanese culture by visiting beautiful castles and gardens and through hands on experiences.
Explore Tottori, a prefecture along the coast of Sea of Japan, a home to breathtaking sand dunes, a treasure trove of wholesome food such as seafood, Tottori Wagyu beef, and top-quality Japanese sake.
Art in Naoshima
A remote island in the Seto Inland Sea, has earned a reputation as the prime destination for art devotees. Spend a day exploring the world class modern art.
Visit various Japanese gardens including one of Japan’s “three most beautiful gardens” and the garden of the Edo feudal lord’s residence.
- Visit magnificent Japanese castles of Himeji and Bitchu-Matsuyama
- Walk around the historic quarter of Kurashiki
- Travel to Shikoku by crossing the Great Seto Bridge
- 6 nights accommodation with combination of Western and Japanese style
- Meet and greet at designated hotel in Osaka
- Private coach transfers between destinations in Japan
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Breakfast everyday
- 4 lunches and 4 dinners
Admission Fees and Activities
- All entry fees to sites, activities listed in the itinerary
What’s NOT Included
- International Airfares
- Meals that are not included in the itinerary
- Travel Insurance
- Alcoholic beverages and soft drinks
- Personal expenses such as telephone and laundry bills
|Day 1||Arrives in Osaka – Himeji – Tottori|
|Day 3||Tottori – Okayama|
|Day 4||Okayama- Kagawa|
|Day 6||Nagawa – Naruto – Osaka|
|Day 7||Tour ends in Osaka|
Want to extend your stay?
Book these toursContact Us
Day 1: Arrive in OSAKA – HIMEJI – TOTTORI
Included Meals: Lunch, Dinner
Meet with your Tour Director and fellow travelers at a designated hotel in Osaka.
After lunch, head to the magnificent HIMEJI CASTLE, considered to be Japan’s most beautiful castle.
Then proceed on to Tottori, Japan’s least populated prefecture waiting to be explored.
Himeji Castle is also known as the White Heron Castle, and is both a Japanese National Treasure and a World Heritage site. It is considered as Japan’s most spectacular castle for its imposing size and beauty. It is one of Japan’s 12 remaining original castles.
Day 2: TOTTORI
Included Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Start your tour in TOTTORI filled with unique experiences.
– Walk the vast expanses of sand at TOTTORI SAND DUNES along the coastal Sea of Japan.
– Visit the SAND MUSEUM, the only indoor sand sculpture museum.
– Experience the art of sashimi through culinary class at KAROICHI SEAFOOD MARKET.
– Pay a visit to HAKUTO SHRINE where the spirit of the white Rabbit of Inaba is enshrined.
Tottori Sand Dunes
These breathtaking dunes, located at the entrance to the coastal San’in Kaigan National Park, form a 16km-long stretch along the Sea of Japan – but could easily be mistaken for an arid desert.
A short walk away from the dunes stands the only indoor sand sculpture museum, filled with huge world-class pieces of sand art.
* Due to museum closure, we will visit Watanabe Museum of Art instead for the tour departing on 3/20 and 4/3. The museum has a wide range of exhibits with outstanding collection of armours and weapons.
Tottori Harbor Seafood Market Karoichi
At the largest seafood market in Tottori, you will learn how to wash, clean, gut, slice, and arrange your own sashimi before enjoying it for lunch through this fun and interactive course.
Enshrined here is the spirit of a rabbit, the White Rabbit of Inaba, the subject of a famous myth. Inaba was the name of the province that became Tottori prefecture.
Wagyu Shabu Shabu & Sake Event
Tottori is home to Tottori Black Wagyu. Enjoy your evening with Shabu Shabu dinner and learn about delicious Japanese sake.
Day 3: TOTTORI – OKAYAMA
Included Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Continue your tour in TOTTORI.
– Admire the thatched roof houses at the village of ITAIBARA in the historical town of CHIZU – Visit the ISHITANI RESIDENCE with serene Japanese gardens
– Relax and enjoy lunch at MITAKI-EN, with seasonal cuisine prepared in the beauty of nature
Head to OKAYAMA city
– Visit KORAKU-EN, one of the three great gardens of Japan. You can enjoy the garden fantastically lit up with candles and illuminations
Finish your day with a traditional multi-course Japanese dinner
Travel back to the Edo period at this picturesque, mountainous village where buildings and roads still resemble the prosperous bygone era when Chizu-cho was a major waystation along Japan’s Five Highways system.
The biggest building of the town, the Ishitani Residence, is a masterpiece of Japanese architecture and was designated as an Important Cultural Property. The house features over 40 rooms, seven storehouses and Japanese gardens.
Surrounded by natural scenery of Tottori and thatched roof buildings, this unique restaurant offers a dining experience meant to relax your mind and refresh your spirit.
*We will take you to an alternative restaurant due to Mitaki-En being closed for the tour departing on 3/20.
Korakuen is a garden created by a daimyo (feudal lord) that represents the Edo period. Korakuen’s uniquely breathtaking scenery is vast and vivid, and features an up-close view of Okayama Castle with Mount Misao as a backdrop.
Day 4: OKAYAMA – KAGAWA
Included Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
This morning you have the option to participate in the morning tour of BITCHU MATSUYAMA CASTLE (fee included in the tour cost).
– Stroll through KURASHIKI BIKAN HISTORICAL QUARTER, historic area with classic architecture situated along a canal with shops, eateries & galleries
– Observe a great view of GREAT SETO BRIDGE and SETONAKAI at WASHUZAN OBSERVATION DECK – Experience UDON making
Often referred to as the “castle in the sky,” it is the oldest surviving castle in Japan. It is also famous as the only mountain castle where its original tower still exists.
Kurashiki Bikan Historical Quarter
Kurashiki has a preserved canal area that dates back to the Edo Period (1603-1867), when the city served as an important rice distribution center. The white-walled storehouses and merchant houses with latticed-windows line the streets, next to a row of willows.
Great Seto Bridge
The world’s longest two-tiered bridge system, the Great Seto Bridge, is an architectural feat visible from space that took a decade to build.
Sanuki Udon is listed as one of Japan’s three most famous types of udon noodles. It is characterized by its firm, chewy texture, achieved by using a specific type of wheat which was traditionally grown in Kagawa Prefecture.
Day 5: NAOSHIMA
ncluded Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Experience Japan’s most favorite art island “NAOSHIMA” by ferry ride.
Naoshima is an island in the Seto Inland Sea that is known for its modern art museums, architecture and sculptures. Naoshima houses works by some of the largest names in contemporary art and architecture—Yayoi Kusama, Claude Monet, James Turrell and Tadao Ando—to name but a few.
Day 6: KAGAWA – NARUTO – OSAKA
Included Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Continue your guided tour on the island of SHIKOKU
– See Japan’s one of the best garden, RITSURIN GARDEN
– Experience NARUTO WHIRLPOOLS by sightseeing cruise.
Our final destination OSAKA
It is the largest Cultural Property Garden to have been designated a Special Place of Scenic Beauty by the Japanese government. Successive lords of the Matsudaira clan of the Takamatsu Domain repeatedly restored the gardens as their private retreat, and it was completed close to 300 years ago.
Naruto Strait is located between Naruto City in Tokushima Prefecture and Awaji Island, and it is famous for its tidal whirlpools. According to the change of tides, the whirlpools occur roughly every six hours and can typically be seen once in the morning and once in the afternoon for an hour or two.
Osaka is the second largest metropolitan area after Tokyo. Osaka is known for delicious food, exciting nightlife and friendly locals, as well as for historical sites such as Osaka castle.
Day 7: Tour Ends
Included Meal: Breakfast
The tour officially terminates after breakfast.
Dates & Prices
TOHOKU EXPERIENCE TOUR – 8 NIGHTS
|Tour Departure Dates||11/15, 3/20, 4/3|
|Tour Price||US $3,398 per person based on double occupancy|
|Tour Code||Departure date